LPD and the EnvironmentWed 21st Apr, 2021
Happy Earth Day 2021!
The theme of Earth Day this year is ‘Restore our Earth’.
‘It is the most precious thing we have and we need to defend it.” —David Attenborough
At LPD Doors, we know we are a company who work very closely and frequently with timber; because of this we know how important our love and care for the environment is and we want to do as much as we can to protect it!
Here at LPD, we take our responsibilities very seriously, striving to make a positive contribution to minimise the impact of our activities on the environment.
We are fully committed to upholding the principles of Chain of Custody, aligning ourselves with manufacturers who source their materials from well managed forests.
Below is LPD’s Environmental Policy:
• To meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company's activities.
• Wherever and whenever economically practicable, endeavour to use environmentally safe materials.
• Where feasible, strive towards the continual reduction of all waste streams, to air, water and land.
• Wherever commercially viable, recycle and reuse any materials that would otherwise go to landfill.
• To regularly monitor energy usage in order to reduce overall consumption.
• To communicate the policy internally and place it in the public domain.
• To establish and regularly review all environmental objectives in respect of this policy.
“It is our collective and individual responsibility … to preserve and tend to the world in which we all live.” —Dalai Lama
Being a major force in the timber related industry, we are fully committed to upholding the principles of FSC® and aligning ourselves with manufacturers who source their materials from well managed forests.
We are proud to say that an ever-increasing number of our products are FSC® certified, and as we move forward, this will become more prevalent.
Where items are not currently sourced as FSC® we ensure full due diligence is completed on our supply chain from tree to door by a third-party partner. We also have full procedures in place to ensure our compliance to the United Kingdom Timber Regulation rules.
You can see our environmental license documents here!
Hope you all have a lovely Earth Day!
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of a difference you want to make.”